Share with a friend
Free Property Valuations
At Rodgers & Browne we know that customers are key to our business, so we always aim to provide a first class service.
The facts you need to know
"The Leaves" is an exquisite individually designed family home set within a unique elevated site with breath taking views over the countryside
From the moment you arrive and the entrance pillars and electric gates the quality of the materials is very much apparent
Sweeping tree line, light tarmac driveway leading to a turning circle and the outbuildings
Double height twin doors leading to a stunning entrance hall with floor to ceiling windows offering views over a sunken pound and water feature plus a vaulted ceiling
Sense of space with 15ft vaulted ceilings within hallways and the principle rooms
Formal rooms which comprise of drawing room, family room, dining room and study each with beautiful views over the countryside and the landscaped gardens
Luxury Siematic kitchen with large island unit and integrated Gaggenau appliances plus a black Aga with modular unit
Matching utility room
Games Room / Swimming pool lounge with three oak changing rooms and sliding floor to ceiling door leading to the patio and Swimming Pool
Additional entertaining kitchen
Six bedrooms, five with luxury ensuite shower rooms
Master bedroom with luxury ensuite bathroom incorporating a roll top bath, his and hers wall mounted sink units and quad walk in wet room plus a hand crafted and full fitted walk in dressing room
Additional luxury bathroom
Plant room including roof storage
The interior floor finish throughout the house is in polished Fossil infused Irish Limestone tiles
Skirtings, architraves and doors are all solid natural stained solid oak
Eco friendly heating system with high efficiency duel system incorporating a ground source heat pump and an oil fired central heating system plus an energy efficient solar heat source
The exterior of the house and the outbuildings are finished in Siberian Larch Timber accompanied with stunning natural stone
Stunning heated outdoor swimming pool with mood lighting and retractable cover
The paved areas and surrounding the pool and pond is finished in Fossil infused Irish Limestone in a natural finish.
Out buildings incorporating one fully enclosed barn which could easily be converted into stables and a semi opened barn which is ideal for those who have an interest in rare breed animals.
Stunning landscaped gardens surrounding the house with many natural stone walls, edging and large lawns which take full advantage of the views towards Belfast City and the countryside
Only 20 minutes to Belfast City Centre and 15 minutes to Lisburn City Centre including an ease of access to the main routes linking the south
The site extends to c.2.5 acres of landscaped gardens
There is potential to purchase by separate negotiation land surrounding the property extending to c.17.5 acres
This amazing house was the fulfilment of a dream to build an inspiring home where friends and family could meet, live and grow. It was designed with love by a daughter and sister, also a London based architect to echo the horse chestnut leaves of the beautiful trees in the grounds.
Our parents loved living here – they drank in the views, enjoyed the greenness and drifts of bulbs in the spring, the beautiful shrubs blending so well into the landscape. They never tired of walking into the hall – most of us twirled around as we walked through. Their life was eased by the super functional and convenient layout designed to maximised easy relaxed living and entertaining. They loved the amazing comfort and the understated natural luxury of the stone and wood, the changing vista moving from one room to another, the privacy combined with openness, full of light and air. We all loved visiting for a few minutes or long summer and winter holidays, partying in the rooms – having amazing Christmases' with a great tree up to the ceiling in the hall. So often there would be grandchildren, sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, cousins, uncles, aunts, with crowds and crowds of friends enjoying music, games and chilling together in different rooms or around the pool on summer evenings. Everyone adored magical after dark swims with the lights on and a sparkling view across the valley as a backdrop, and in the morning looking out at rabbits and birds.
All of us have loved the chestnut leaf layout that brought the views into each expansive living space in a slightly different way. It has been a privilege to have been part of this houses early history and to live for some time in this bright airy space that has been so full of fun, life affirming and a sanctuary.
We hope that its next owners also have this joy. Filling it with life, using the surrounding gardens and fields to relax and enjoy nature throughout the day from early morning walks to sunsets and stars by the pool.
- Open covered entrance porch finished in oak claddy over sized double oak doors to:
- IMPRESSIVE ENTRANCE HALL
- 10.24m x 5.05m (33' 7" x 16' 7")
Vaulted ceiling 15ft, floor to ceiling glazed wall with views over the countryside, marble floor, wall lighting.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 7.59m x 7.24m (24' 11" x 23' 9")
Contemporary wall mounted gas fire by Gazco, built in oak display cabinets with sliding glass doors and glass shelving, 5 amp plugs, marble floor, vaulted ceiling, 15ft, wall lighting, large picture window overlooking the countryside.
- DINING ROOM:
- 7.65m x 5.36m (25' 1" x 17' 7")
Contemporary wall mounted gas fire by Gazco with oak surround, wall lighting, vaulted ceiling, marble floor.
- FAMILY ROOM:
- 8.71m x 5.82m (28' 7" x 19' 1")
16ft vaulted ceiling, feature remote control gas stove with granite floating hearth, marble floor, wall lighting, 5 amp sockets, views of the countryside.
- PLAY ROOM
- 4.65m x 4.09m (15' 3" x 13' 5")
Marble floor, wall lighting.
- KITCHEN WITH CASUAL DINING AND SITTING AREA
- 9.12m x 5.77m (29' 11" x 18' 11")
Stunning Siematic kitchen finished in a white high gloss with minimalist black handles, granite worktops, one and a half basin tub stainless steel sink unit with a single drainer and mixer, feature black Aga with additional cooker module, four ring Gaggenau gas hob, matching stainless steel Gaggenau extractor fan oven, granite splash back, Gaggenau eye level microwave oven and coffee machine. Integrated Liebert fridge freezer by two, Gaggenau integrated dishwasher, large central island with granite worktops and two areas as breakfast bars. Access to second inner hallway to:
- LARGE STORE
- 4.04m x 2.41m (13' 3" x 7' 11")
- DOUBLE INTEGRATED GARAGE
- 10.74m x 6.38m (35' 3" x 20' 11")
Twin panelled electric up and over doors. Twin Dimplex boilers with two pressure tanks. Solar panel controls, commercial Beam central vac system. Access to storage over.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 2.92m x 2.95m (9' 7" x 9' 8")
Extensive range of high and low level red high gloss cabinets, laminate worktops and matching splash back, under unit lighting, single drainer stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, plumbed for washing machine and space for a tumble dryer, space for double chest freezer, marble floor. Access to roof space, access to out hall. Marble floor, stable door to parking.
- CONNECTING HALL
- Comprising of cloakroom, wall mounted low flush wc, part tiled walls, wall mounted sink unit with mixer tap and splash back and feature mirror, marble floor. Large store cabinet.
- ENTERTAINING KITCHEN
- 3.m x 2.11m (9' 10" x 6' 11")
Range of high and low level units finished in walnut granite and smoked glazed units, laminate worktops, single drainer sink unit and mixer tap, space for a fridge and wine fridge.
- POOL ROOM
- 7.9m x 5.16m (25' 11" x 16' 11")
Floor to ceiling glazed doors accessing to inner hall and sliding doors leading to patio and pool area, marble floor, wall lighting, three matching changing rooms.
- 4.93m x 4.8m (16' 2" x 15' 9")
Marble floor, wall lighting.
- REAR HALLWAY:
- Two purposed built in linen cupboards and wardrobes finished in solid oak.
- PLANT ROOM
- Incorporating pool system, manafold heating systems and communication systems.
- MASTER BEDROOM:
- 6.48m x 4.8m (21' 3" x 15' 9")
Beautiful views over the swimming pool and countryside, marble floor, 5 amp sockets, wall lighting.
- WALK IN DRESSING ROOM
- 4.14m x 2.29m (13' 7" x 7' 6")
Finished in oak, open hanging space, shelving.
- ENSUITE BATHROOM:
- 4.27m x 3.68m (14' 0" x 12' 1")
Luxury suite comprising of a Duravit free standing built in mixer taps and telephone shower, triple shower with thermostatically controlled shower, wall mounted Geberit toilet, bidet, His & Hers wall mounted sink units with mixer taps, fully tiled walls, part tiled floor, concealed cabinets with mirrored fronts, wall mounted stainless steel radiator, low voltage lighting.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 4.75m x 3.15m (15' 7" x 10' 4")
Including built in wardrobes with mirrored doors, wall lighting, marble floor.
- JACK AND JILL ENSUITE
- 3.73m x 1.4m (12' 3" x 4' 7")
Extensive fully enclosed wet room with telephone shower, wall mounted Geberit toilet, wall mounted sink unit with mixer tap, part tiled floor, fully tiled walls, concealed cabinets with mirrored doors.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 4.39m x 3.18m (14' 5" x 10' 5")
Including built in wardrobe with mirrored doors, marble floor, wall lighting.
- GUEST BEDROOM
- 4.27m x 3.m (14' 0" x 9' 10")
Including built in wardrobe with mirrored doors, marble floor, wall lighting.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- Large double wet room, Geberit wall mounted toilet, wall mounted sink unit and mixer tap, part tiled floor, concealed cabinets with mirrored doors.
- Large suite comprising free standing Duravit bath with free standing mixer and telephone shower, fully glazed enclosure wet room with TS, double wall mounted sink and mixer tap, Geberit wall mounted low flush wc, concealed cabinets with mirrored doors, fully tiled walls, part tiled floor, heated towel rail.
- BEDROOM (5):
- 4.67m x 3.76m (15' 4" x 12' 4")
Plus extensive range of built in wardrobes with mirrored doors, marble floor, wall lighting.
- Access to roofspace via solid oak staircase, two large floored and light storage rooms.
- 12.95m x 5.46m (42' 6" x 17' 11")
Large sliding door. Light and power. Belfast sink. Generator.
- StABLE BLOCK
- 17.53m x 7.52m (57' 6" x 24' 8")
Power and light. Accessed via open entrance farm gate to concealed holding bay, five additional gates.
- Accessed via a sweeping tarmac driveway, tree lined with granite curbs. Rear tarmac driveway for horse boxes, main entrance with access over a stone wall bridge to turning circle. Parking areas and access to open courtyard.
- Outside light. Outside tap. Fully enclosed pound and chicken run. Feature lighting.
- To the rear of the property is a Heated Swimming Poll with electric retractable cover 40' 0" x 22' 0" FT Stunning terrace finished in fossil induced Irish limestone in a natural finish with mood lighting. Extensive free standing shower, contemporary pond. Beautiful views over the countryside towards Belfast City.
- OUTSIDE GARDENERS TOILET
- Low flush wc, wash hand basin and mixer tap. Bin store.
Travelling from Belfast along Purdysburn Hill (B23) turn left into Pinehill Road which brings you into Drumbo Village, turn right into Drumbo Road. At the end of the road turn left onto Tullyard Road and "The Leaves" will be on your right.