Free Property Valuations
At Rodgers & Browne we know that customers are key to our business, so we always aim to provide a first class service.
The facts you need to know
Four or five bedrooms, three reception rooms and study
Kitchen open to living area and conservatory
Flexible interior layout to suit most requirements
Perfect opportunity to enjoy rural life without being isolated
Most rooms overlook the gardens with views beyond
Wide variety of wild life and bird life on the doorstep
Lovely tranquil environment to sit and relax or for children to play safely
Detached double garage
Oil fired central heating
Additional land for pony, further kennels and building site also available (by separate negotiation)
Convenient semi rural location between Comber and Balloo
Slightly elevated site with delightful views over countryside to Strangford Lough and islands
Beautiful mature gardens with private sunny aspect to rear
Within easy reach of Comber, Balloo House, Whiterock Yacht Club
Robinson & McIlwaine Design
'Silver Thorns' takes full advantage of the area and also offers a private, mature and safe environment for children to play and explore or for adults to relax.
A lovely home with a peaceful atmosphere to be enjoyed"
- White suite comprising pedestal wash hand basin. Low flush wc.
- SPACIOUS DRAWING ROOM:
- 7.39m x 5.99m (24' 3" x 19' 8")
Double doors from hall. Hole in the wall fireplace with cast iron dog grate in painted brick surround. Vaulted ceiling finished in pine tongue and groove with velux windows and spotlighting. Floor to ceiling picture windows with superb views over Strangford Lough and islands.
- DINING ROOM:
- 5.99m x 3.71m (19' 8" x 12' 2")
Sliding aluminium patio door and matching side panel to rear patio.
- FAMILY ROOM:
- 4.11m x 3.51m (13' 6" x 11' 6")
Coal effect hot water convector fire and television stand with fitted cupboards and drawers.
- OPEN PLAN KITCHEN:
- 6.1m x 3.2m (20' 0" x 10' 6")
Triple tub stainless steel sink unit with mixer taps. Extensive range of light oak eye and floor level cupboards and drawers. Tiled worktops, integrated Hotpoint electric oven, AEG Micromat microwave oven and Bosch four ring ceramic hob with adjoining grill. Extractor fan. Bosch dishwasher. Fridge. Pine tongue and groove ceiling with recessed spotlights. Open plan to:
- DOUBLE GLAZED ALUMINIUM CONSERVATORY:
- 4.37m x 4.27m (14' 4" x 14' 0")
Double doors to rear patio. Glazed ceiling with fitted blinds. Fan. Range of built in cupboards and open display shelves. Delightful views into private, landscaped rear garden.
- REAR HALLWAY:
- 2.97m x 2.79m (9' 9" x 9' 2")
Range of built in cupboards. Formica worktops. Beauty board clad walls. Roof light.
- SHELVED PANTRY:
- 1.83m x 1.24m (6' 0" x 4' 1")
- BOILER CUPBOARD:
- With Warmflow oil fired boiler.
- SIDE HALLWAY:
- Leading from family room to:
- BEDROOM (1):
- 3.51m x 3.07m (11' 6" x 10' 1")
Double built in wardrobe. Built in dressing table with nest of drawers under.
- 3.02m x 1.98m (9' 11" x 6' 6")
Coloured suite comprising panel bath with chrome mixer taps. Vanity unit with recessed wash hand basin and cupboard under. Tiled shower cubicle with New Therm multi head thermostatically controlled shower and folding etched glass shower doors. Light over. Low flush wc and bidet. Tiled and pine tongue and groove panel walls. Vertical chrome towel radiator. Heatstore Sadia wall mounted hair dryer. Pine tongue and groove vaulted ceiling. Extractor fan.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 3.02m x 2.92m (9' 11" x 9' 7")
Built in wardrobes with full length sliding mirrored doors. Vanity unit with recessed white wash hand basin and chrome mixer taps.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 4.24m x 3.07m (13' 11" x 10' 1")
Two double wardrobes and single cupboard shelves with cupboards over. Matching dressing table with nest of drawers and cupboards under. Telephone connection point. Cornice ceiling.
- Hardwood open tread staircase to:
- Study area. Range of built in bookshelves. Telephone connection point.
- SHOWER ROOM:
- 2.26m x 1.78m (7' 5" x 5' 10")
Coloured suite comprising tiled shower cubicle with Redring Digitemp 8X electric shower and Showerlux sliding shower doors. Pedestal wash hand basin. Low flush wc. Part tiled walls. Heatrae electric hairdryer.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 4.52m x 3.1m (14' 10" x 10' 2")
Built in wardrobe (partly shelved). Velux window with superb Lough views. Door to:
- BEDROOM (5)/STORE/DRESSING ROOM/PLAYROOM:
- 5.77m x 3.07m (18' 11" x 10' 1")
Velux and gable windows.
- Cattle grid leading to asphalt drive and ample parking area.
- Extensive landscaped gardens to front and rear laid out in lawns, mature beds of ornamental and flowering shrubs.
- To the rear the delightful gardens include flagged and gravel patios opening onto lawns, pleasing circular gravel beds with granite obelisks and rustic pergola. An array of mature shrubs enclose the garden.
- Two covered dog kennels with small covered log store are tucked into one corner of the rear garden.
- External power points and lighting including floodlighting
- Aluminium Greenhouse
- DOUBLE DETACHED GARAGE:
- 6.17m x 5.61m (20' 3" x 18' 5")
Two electronically controlled up and over doors. Florescent lights. Small locked store. Access to roofspace storage.
Convenient semi rural location between Comber & Balloo. Take Killinchy Road from Comber towards Balloo. Turn left into Ardmillan Road then right into Ballymartin Road. 'Silver Thorns' is on right hand side.