Share with a friend
Free Property Valuations
At Rodgers & Browne we know that customers are key to our business, so we always aim to provide a first class service.
The facts you need to know
Distinguished detached residence set on an exceptionally private site and extending to c. 5,000 sqft
Designed to blend into the area with an extensive use of reclaimed materials to offer an exceptional family home which oozes character
Surrounded by mature grounds extending to c.2 acres accessed via electric gates and private hedgerow drive
Beautiful double height dining reception hall
Drawing room, family room and living room each with open fires and solid wood flooring plus additional breakfast room
Handcrafted French oak kitchen with casual dining area and feature black reconditioned 1920s oil fired Aga
Separate utility room
Main bedroom with luxury ensuite bathroom including claw and ball foot bath plus exquisite dressing room, additional four bedrooms, guest with ensuite shower room
Additional shower room on the ground floor
Hardwood double glazed sliding sash windows
Oil fired central heating
Detached stone faced double garage with its own heating system including an entertainment room over with shower room
Beam central vac system
Many reclaimed materials used throughout the house including, reclaimed slate stone, oak and pine flooring, granite walls inside and out, but yet merged with modern day living
Solid oak panelled doors throughout
Additional land extending to c.3.5 acres to the rear of the house will be including in the sale
Only 1.8 miles from Burren Village, 4 miles from Newry, 3 miles from Warrenpoint, 70 miles to Dublin and 40 miles to Belfast
Stunning family home in a semi rural setting but yet within ease of access to all amenities
"Our Home is located on the outskirts of a little village called Burren, approximately three mile's outside the seaside town of Warrenpoint, and only four miles from Newry city. The house is situated up a secluded tree-lined lane and surrounded by five acres of land. Burren is a warm, welcoming community with its own excellent primary school and sports facilities, football club, youth club, gym, (all of which is geared toward developing the young), heritage centre, church, and local shop. Secondary schools are accessed by a very reliable bus service, kids are picked up and dropped off on the same road.
The house is equally distanced between Belfast and Dublin making it very convenient to local and international flights. We are also in close proximity to Kilbroney Forest Park, Rostrevor, Silent Valley and Mourne Mountains with fabulous bike tracks and walks"
- Double panelled timber doors to:
- ENTRANCE PORCH:
- Tiled floor with detailing, twin stain glass windows, solid oak tongue and groove ceiling.
- Solid oak twin doors with etched glazing to:
- STUNNING DOUBLE HEIGHT DINING RECEPTION HALL
- 7.62m x 5.92m (25' 0" x 19' 5")
Extensive double height ceiling, raised dining area, feature wall with recessed display, Amtigo parquet style flooring, imitation fireplace with solid oak over mantle, solid oak wood panelling, twin French doors leading to front garden, three double glazed Velux window, reclaimed slate floor, low voltage lighting, grand staircase to first floor with solid oak treads, matching posts and handrail, wall lighting.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 7.67m x 4.52m (25' 2" x 14' 10")
Reclaimed antique fireplace with slate hearth and inset, open dog grate, solid oak wooden floor, low voltage lighting, wall lighting, solid oak double doors to dining reception hall. Feature alcove with stain glass window.
- FAMILY ROOM:
- 5.33m x 4.83m (17' 6" x 15' 10")
Feature floor to ceiling stone fireplace with covered oak mantle, double sided wood burning stove, slate hearth, pine solid wooden floor. Antique cast iron radiator, steps leading down to:
- SITTING ROOM:
- 3.63m x 3.56m (11' 11" x 11' 8")
Double sided wood burner with grate, raised hearth. Solid oak tongue and groove vaulted ceiling, solid pine wide board floor, double glazed French doors to patio. Glazed double doors to:
- BREAKFAST ROOM
- 4.47m x 3.56m (14' 8" x 11' 8")
Solid pine wooden floor, solid oak etched glass door to rear. Porch archway to:
- HANDCRAFTED SOLID FRENCH OAK KITCHEN OPENING TO CASUAL DINING
- 7.49m x 4.83m (24' 7" x 15' 10")
Farmhouse style solid French oak kitchen incorporating a side board with open and glazed displays, large pantry unit with cabinets below, matching central island incorporating ceramic one and a half sink unit and brass mixer taps, wine rack and open shelving, granite worktops, feature black 1920s reconditioned oil fired Aga with sandstone surround, stone splashback, vaulted ceiling over the cooking area including double glazed Velux window.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 3.23m x 2.87m (10' 7" x 9' 5")
Low level units with solid worktops, inset sink unit with mixer tap, granite splashback, Donegal stone floor, space for washing machine and tumble dryer. Tongue and groove ceiling. Stable door to rear.
- INNER HALLWAY:
- Solid pine floor. Handcrafted storage unit.
- SHOWER ROOM:
- 2.95m x 2.08m (9' 8" x 6' 10")
Fully tiled shower cubicle with over drencher, high flush wc, inset sink with solid oak cabinet below, part panelled walls, ceramic tiled floor.
- BEDROOM (5):
- 4.6m x 3.15m (15' 1" x 10' 4")
Solid pine floor. French doors to garden area.
- MINSTRAL GALLERY OVERLOOKING DINING RECEPTION HALL
- Landing light by stain glass windows and three roof lights. Solid oak floor and radiator covers.
- MAIN BEDROOM
- 5.33m x 4.83m (17' 6" x 15' 10")
Antique fireplace with ornate surround, mirror and cast iron and tiled fireplace, slate hearth, window seat, picture rail, reclaimed pine wooden floor. Antique cast iron radiator. Walk through dressing area.
- LUXURY ENSUITE BATHROOM:
- 3.58m x 3.3m (11' 9" x 10' 10")
Claw and ball foot bath with antique mixer taps and telephone shower over, high flush Sanitan toilet, steam shower, his and hers reclaimed Sanitan sink unit with cast iron feet, pitch pine floor.
- DRESSING ROOM:
- 3.56m x 3.07m (11' 8" x 10' 1")
Handcrafted open hanging space with extensive drawers offering a wealth of storage plus additional open shelving for shoes, pitch pine floor.
- GUEST BEDROOM
- 4.52m x 4.44m (14' 10" x 14' 7")
Antique cast iron fireplace, oak mantle, slate hearth, reclaimed pitch pine floor.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- Fully tiled shower cubicle with over drencher, low flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin, pitch pine wooden floor.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 4.6m x 4.39m (15' 1" x 14' 5")
Reclaimed pitch pine wooden floor. Access to roofspace via Slingsby ladder.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 4.57m x 3.3m (15' 0" x 10' 10")
Including dressing area. Reclaimed pitch pine floor.
- LUXURY BATHROOM:
- 4.6m x 3.1m (15' 1" x 10' 2")
Beautiful white suite comprising inset jacuzzi bath with chrome mixer taps and telephone shower, solid marble surround and splashback, low voltage lighting, bidet, fully tiled shower cubicle with over drencher, porcelain his and her sink unit with mixer taps and marble splashback, storage cabinet, part panelled walls, wall lighting.
- STONE FACED DETACHED DOUBLE GARAGE WITH ROOM OVER
- 6.43m x 5.92m (21' 1" x 19' 5")
Oil fired central heating boiler solely for the garage and room over. Twin double wooden doors. Light and power.
- External staircase leading to:
- PLAYROOM/ENTERTAINMENT ROOM
- 5.94m x 5.92m (19' 6" x 19' 5")
Double glazed Velux window. Shower room comprising fully tiled shower cubicle, low flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin, ceramic tiled floor, tongue and groove ceiling.
- Boiler house housing oil fired central heating boiler for main house.
- Access from a private entrance through electric gates along a private hedgerow drive to the main house, gravelled parking area for up to ten cars and access to the garage.
- Surrounding the house are mature gardens laid in lawns incorporating a large football area, patio area and paths finished in reclaimed stone. Feature granite wall with two seating areas.
- Outside light. Outside tap.
- Additional fields and woodland area are included in the sale and extends to c.3.5 acres, ideal for keeping a pony or indeed special breed animals.
From Newry head for Warrenpoint, at Greenbank roundabout (cemetery on left), take first right onto Old Warrenpoint Road. Past Kehoe's Garage and take left onto Greenan Road, continue for c.2 miles and take left into Burren Hill. After 500 yards at the crossroads turn right onto Green Lough Road No4 will be on your left.