Free Property Valuations
At Rodgers & Browne we know that customers are key to our business, so we always aim to provide a first class service.
The facts you need to know
Fine example of a period detached family home
Raised private site with mature borders offering complete privacy
Bright, spacious and flexible accommodation throughout
Drawing room, dining room, home office or family room and glass house
Handmade two tone kitchen with granite worktops, glazed Atrium and pantry opening to casual dining and sitting room
Four bedrooms, main bedroom with luxury ensuite bathroom incorporating a large walk-in shower
Main bathroom finished with a white suite
Many original features still very much in place incorporating cornice ceiling, ceiling rose, picture rail, sliding sash windows, stain glass window and tall ceiling heights
Gas central heating
Attached matching single garage with access from both ends
Brick driveway with parking for up to four cars
Beautiful mature gardens surrounding the house incorporating lawns, sitting areas, flowerbeds and a countryside garden with raised beds for herbs and vegetables
Only minutes from Shandon Golf Club and amenities in Ballyhackamore and Cherryvalley
An array of much sought after nursery, primary and grammar schools are within walking distance
Belfast City Centre is 15 minutes away and the George Best City Airport is 10 minutes
"We have enjoyed being able to walk to local shops, eateries and pubs as well as being close to the city centre. The proximity of George Best airport has simplified commuting for work. Our home is in a leafy suburb with lots of parks nearby to walk the dog.
We love the privacy of the garden to unwind and relax with friends and family and it also produces lots of fresh fruit and vegetables. The house is great for entertaining."
- Steps leading to red panelled period door with side and top lights to:
- ENTRANCE PORCH:
- Period tiled floor, cornice ceiling, stain glass door and side lights, glazed top lighting to:
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- Staircase to first floor with spindles handrail and ornate Newel post, picture rail, cornice ceiling, ceiling rose.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 5.51m x 4.06m (18' 1" x 13' 4")
Stone fireplace and hearth with contemporary stainless steel dog grate with gas fire, exposed timber floor, picture rail, cornice ceiling, feature bay window.
- DINING ROOM:
- 5.41m x 4.06m (17' 9" x 13' 4")
Period Art & Crafts oak surround with open shelf, horseshoe inset, open fire, granite hearth, picture rail, cornice ceiling, feature bay window, stain glass door to:
- GLASS HOUSE
- 5.82m x 3.3m (19' 1" x 10' 10")
Quarry tiled floor. Raised flowerbed area.
- Solid door with glazed top and side lighting to the front garden.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 3.51m x 2.31m (11' 6" x 7' 7")
Low level units, plumbed for washing machine, space for tumble dryer, single drainer stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, laminate worktops, part tiled walls, low flush wc, access to storage with open hanging space and drying space.
- STUFY/ FAMILY ROOM:
- 3.86m x 3.18m (12' 8" x 10' 5")
Tiled fireplace. Dual aspect views to the gardens.
- HANDMADE KITCHEN OPENING TO LIVING/ DINING AREA:
- 6.35m x 6.27m (20' 10" x 20' 7")
Feature glazed Atrium over the kitchen area, solid high and low level units in a shaker style cabinet, finished in natural oak and painted cream, glazed display and open wine rack, granite worktops with matching splashback and peninsula island with bar seating, double inset Belfast sink with mixer taps, Neff stainless steel five ring gas hob, handmade Marlborough tiled splashback, stainless steel extractor fan, eye level Neff stainless steel combination oven and stainless steel oven with large warming drawer, integrated dishwasher, integrated larder fridge and full height freezer, marble tiled floor, two sets of French doors to the garden, pelmet lighting, multi-fuel burning stove with Baxi grate heating water. Access door to:
- 3.89m x 1.12m (12' 9" x 3' 8")
Access to garage.
- Cornice ceiling, picture rail, feature sliding sash window with chrome glass and etching. Walk-in hotpress with insulated copper cylinder and shelving.
- FAMILY BATHROOM:
- 2.87m x 1.68m (9' 5" x 5' 6")
White suite comprising panelled bath with mixer taps, thermostatically controlled power shower, part tiled and part panelled walls, low flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin, heated towel rail.
- MAIN BEDROOM
- 3.86m x 3.78m (12' 8" x 12' 5")
Period cast iron fireplace with tiled inset (ornamental purposes only) built-in wardrobes with panelled doors, cornice ceiling, picture rail.
- ENSUITE BATHROOM:
- 4.01m x 1.68m (13' 2" x 5' 6")
White suite comprising tile panelled bath with swan head tap, large walk-in shower cubicle with thermostatically controlled shower over drencher and telephone shower, wall mounted wc, modern wall mounted sink unit with swan neck mixer taps, part tiled walls, tiled open shelf, large wall mounted mirror, chrome towel radiator, ceramic tiled floor.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 4.04m x 3.84m (13' 3" x 12' 7")
Including built-in wardrobes with panelled doors, cornice ceiling, picture rail.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 3.86m x 3.12m (12' 8" x 10' 3")
Bright room with two windows, picture rail, cornice ceiling.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 3.61m x 3.23m (11' 10" x 10' 7")
- Extensive well stocked gardens laid in three sections; to the front laid in lawns, mature borders and trees, and to the side fully enclosed lawns with mature shrubs, flowerbeds, hedging and a eucalyptus tree. To the rear a quintessential country style garden surrounded by box hedging, fruit and vegetable garden with seven raised beds, herb garden and flagged pathways. Outside tap.
- 5.44m x 3.3m (17' 10" x 10' 10")
Two up and over doors. Light and power.
Travelling from the Upper Newtownards Road on the Knock Road, pass the Marie Curie Hospice on your left and Shandon Park will be your next main left. Once into the Park No24 is on your left.