Share with a friend
Free Property Valuations
At Rodgers & Browne we know that customers are key to our business, so we always aim to provide a first class service.
The facts you need to know
A unique opportunity to purchase a multi purpose home with the additional benefit of a building site with outline planning permission
The property has been recently renovated to a superb standard throughout
Internally the accommodation is bright and spacious with a modern flow
Stunning entrance hall with double height ceiling and feature staircase with oak treads
Comprising of drawing room with feature Inglenook fireplace ready for a wood burning stove
Dining room with under floor heating
Beautiful handcrafted kitchen with double depth bull nose granite worktops, large central island, feature Aga all opening to the family room and casual dining
Family room boasts a cream wood burning stove and Bifold doors to the terrace and gardens
Separate utility and pantry
Three large bedrooms, main bedroom with luxury ensuite shower room
Luxury bathroom with deep fill bath and separate shower
Gas fired central heating with under floor heating in the dining room, kitchen and family room
Painted panelled doors throughout
Wooden double glazed windows throughout with two feature stain glass windows
Attached matching double garage with electric roller door
Private site extending to c 0.45 acres
Mature gardens incorporating heavily planted borders, lawns, flowerbeds and orchard with slate patio and raised decking area taking full advantage of its south facing aspect
Gravelled driveway with parking for up to four cars accessed via electric gates
The site currently has outline planning permission granted for a single dwelling to the south of the garden with the retention of the main house Ref No LA06/2018/0734/0 also approved, but since lapsed was a one off house with the current home demolished
Located only 500 yards from the shore and beach of Seapark, also close to hand is the Marino Train Station and the main route leading to Belfast City Centre
"The lovely thing about living here has been the privacy and seclusion of the house. Tucked away behind fence and hedging and surrounded by mature shrubs and trees, the house is a little oasis of calm and a great retreat from the busy-ness of life outside. The garden offers a series of 'outdoor rooms' that get the sun at different times of the day, and beyond those rooms there is space to grow vegetables and fruit -a great and practical interest right on the doorstep.
The house is very connected to all the amenities around it. Seaside walks to Holywood town centre or out towards Crawfordsburn Country Park start at the bottom of Farmhill Road, while at the top of the street there is a handy train station that gives quick and easy access to Belfast and beyond.
Overall the house has been a bright and comfortable home for us in the middle of an area of great amenity and it's been a pleasure to live here in recent years"
- Panelled door with stain glass inset to:
- BRIGHT AND SPACIOUS ENTRANCE HALL
- Double height ceiling with additional Velux window. Staircase leading to the first floor with painted spindles and oak handrail and treads, ? tiled floor.
- Low flush wc, wash hand basin with granite splashback, marble floor.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 6.88m x 3.86m (22' 7" x 12' 8")
Spacious and bright with Inglenook fireplace in preparation for a wood burning stove, brick surround and slate hearth, oak over mantle, solid oak wooden flooring, low voltage lighting, two sets of double doors leading to the garden.
- DINING ROOM:
- 3.61m x 3.53m (11' 10" x 11' 7")
Marble floor with large feature sliding oak door. Low voltage lighting.
- MODERN KITCHEN OPENING TO CASUAL FAMILY ROOM
- 6.88m x 5.92m (22' 7" x 19' 5")
Solid wood Shaker kitchen with bull nose granite worktop, double inset stainless steel sink unit with mixer taps, four ring gas hob, powder blue feature Aga, space for an American fridge freezer, integrated dishwasher, large central island with bull nose granite worktops and breakfast ? ?, marble tiled floor throughout.
- FAMILY AREA
- Cream feature wood burning stove set on slate with reclaimed brick surround and oak over mantle. Bifold doors to terrace.
- REAR HALLWAY:
- Marble tiled floor. Access to garage and pantry.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- Low level units, plumbed for washing machine and space for tumble dryer, Range Master sink unit with mixer taps, marble tiled floor. Hotpress with ? tank and shelving.
- Minstrel gallery, wall lighting and low voltage lighting. Access to roofspace.
- MAIN BEDROOM
- 6.91m x 3.99m (22' 8" x 13' 1")
Low voltage lighting. Handmade????
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- 3.23m x 1.37m (10' 7" x 4' 6")
Large walk-in Simpson shower cubicle with thermostatically controlled shower unit over and telephone shower, feature ? ? ? sink unit with mixer taps and cabinets below with marble splashback and light vanity mirror above, low flush wc, marble tiled floor, skirting and ? walls, low voltage lighting, feature stain glass window, chrome heated towel rail.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 4.06m x 3.25m (13' 4" x 10' 8")
Low voltage lighting.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 4.27m x 3.23m (14' 0" x 10' 7")
- LUXURY BATHROOM:
- 3.23m x 2.06m (10' 7" x 6' 9")
Luxury suite comprising marble panelled bath with chrome mixer taps and telephone hand shower, wall mounted sink unit with mixer taps and marble splashback, low flush wc with concealed cistern, fully tiled shower cubicle with thermostatically controlled shower unit, feature shelving, marble tiled floor, feature heated towel rail.
- INTEGRAL DOUBLE GARAGE:
- 7.16m x 4.88m (23' 6" x 16' 0")
Electric up and over door. Light and power.
- Extensive gardens laid in lawns with mature borders surrounding the house. Large stone flagged patio area and paths with granite edgings, plus additional decking area.
- Gravelled driveway with parking for four plus cars accessed via electric gates and electric pedestrian gate.
- Outside light.
Travelling along the Bangor Road towards, Bangor turn left just after Marino Petrol Station into Farmhill Road No 36 will be on your left.