Share with a friend
Free Property Valuations
At Rodgers & Browne we know that customers are key to our business, so we always aim to provide a first class service.
The facts you need to know
Stunning example of an Old Manse which has seen considerable renovation and extending over recent years
Dating back to c.1890
Set in a semi rural location with a mature site extending to c. 1.2 acres
Flexible accommodation depending on individual needs
Drawing room, family room, study and feature garden room with vaulted ceiling, extensive use of glass and views towards Strangford Lough
Modern kitchen with casual dining area and feature electric cream Aga plus separate utility room
Five well proportioned bedrooms each with views over the surrounding countryside
Main bathroom and ensuite
Sliding sash double glazed windows
Oil fired central heating
Works carried out by the current owners include re-wiring, plumbing, windows, re-slating the main roof and construction of the coach house
Enclosed courtyard with access to a stone faced barn incorporating a double garage, workshop, games room/office over garage with light, power, laminate flooring and heating
Extensive gardens laid in lawns with mature bordering trees for screening
An array of period features blended into modern day living
Views from the garden room toward Strangford Lough
Ideal semi rural location with Belfast City Centre only being 25 minutes away, The Ulster Hospital, Stormont, Campbell College, Strathearn School are all only 10 minutes away
An array of amenities are close to hand including Shandon Park, Knock and Castlereagh Hills Golf Clubs
"We as a family have lived in The Old Manse for 23 years. It has been our three grown up children's only home, so we have all made wonderful memories here.
The spacious garden was ideal for an active family. We found the location perfect, as the school run was only 10 minutes!
The main house was extended in 2008 to include the Garden Room, Double garage & Games Room.
We have no doubt the next family will enjoy all aspects of the house as we have"
- Panelled double front doors to:
- ENTRANCE PORCH:
- Powder blue and white tiled floor. Glass pine inner door to:
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- Powder blue and white tiled floor. Cornice ceiling. Storage under stairs.
- Comprising low flush wc, wash hand basin and half timber panelled walls.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 5.61m x 4.14m (18' 5" x 13' 7")
Feature fireplace, cornice ceiling, views into garden.
- FAMILY ROOM:
- 4.62m x 4.09m (15' 2" x 13' 5")
Fireplace with cast iron log burning stove, picture rail, cornice ceiling. View into gardens.
- REAR HALLWAY:
- Limestone tiled floor. Cloaks cupboard, double glass doors to:
- GARDEN ROOM
- 9.88m x 4.75m (32' 5" x 15' 7")
Vaulted ceiling (18'6") exposed beams, recessed lighting, oak flooring, feature raised fireplace with 'dog basket' grate. Floor to ceiling windows, looking into gardens and courtyard. Double glass doors to patio and garden. Under floor heating. Space for dining table and chairs.
- BREAKFAST KITCHEN
- 6.71m x 3.99m (22' 0" x 13' 1")
Extensive range of cream shaker style high and low level cupboards, stainless steel handles, polished black granite worktops, Belfast sink with mixer taps, tiled floor, recessed lighting, electric cream Aga, dishwasher, space for breakfast table and chairs.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- Cream high and low level cupboards, laminate granite effect worktops, plastic sink, oak effect laminate flooring, plumbed for washing machine.
- Exposed beam ceiling. Half stable door to courtyard.
- MASTER BEDROOM:
- 3.99m x 3.58m (13' 1" x 11' 9")
Decorative fireplace. Double aspect. Cornice ceiling.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 4.11m x 3.48m (13' 6" x 11' 5")
Double aspect. Picture rail. Cornice ceiling.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 3.99m x 2.97m (13' 1" x 9' 9")
- BEDROOM (4):
- 4.14m x 3.07m (13' 7" x 10' 1")
- BEDROOM (5):
- 4.24m x 2.59m (13' 11" x 8' 6")
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- Comprising low flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin, tiled floor, mosaic tiled shower cubicle with Aqualisa thermostatically controlled shower, extractor fan.
- 3.12m x 2.49m (10' 3" x 8' 2")
Comprising panelled bath with mixer tap, Aqualisa thermostatically controlled shower over, tiled floor, floating wash hand basin, chrome towel rail. Hotpress with lagged copper cylinder. Separate low flush wc, with oak flooring.
- Enclosed courtyard, parking for several cars. Double timber entrance gates.
- StoNE FACES COACH HOUSE COMPRISING
- DOUBLE GARAGE:
- 6.78m x 5.97m (22' 3" x 19' 7")
Twin double timber doors. Light and power.
- 5.97m x 3.63m (19' 7" x 11' 11")
Oil fired central heating boiler. Low flush wc, wash hand basin.
- External staircase to:
- GAMES ROOM/OFFICE
- 10.67m x 4.47m (35' 0" x 14' 8")
Light and power, heat, laminate flooring, double Velux windows.
- PVC oil tank.
- Extensive mature gardens in lawns, bordered by hedges and mature trees.
- Concrete driveway and parking for several cars, boat or caravan. Double timber entrance gates. Boiler house.
Travelling from the Ulster Hospital along the Comber Road turn right into Old Dundonald Road, second left into Gransha Road, continue for 3 miles and the road will become Ballymaglaff Road and "The Old Manse" will be on your left.