Share with a friend
Free Property Valuations
At Rodgers & Browne we know that customers are key to our business, so we always aim to provide a first class service.
The facts you need to know
Beautiful red brick Victorian double fronted family home
Many of the original features very much intact but merged perfectly into modern day living
Spacious accommodation comprising, large reception hall, drawing room, family room and dining room
Handmade kitchen in a shaker style opening to casual dining and living area, plus oil fired reconditioned cream four oven Aga
Separate utility room
Four double bedrooms, master with walk-in dressing room and ensuite shower room
Fitted study which could be used as a bedroom if required
Luxury bathroom with free standing bath and separate double shower cubicle
Extensively refurbished within the past 15 years
PVC double glazing and oil fired central heating
Stunning features throughout the house including cornice ceilings, panelled doors, deep skirtings, high ceilings, ceiling roses, wood burning stoves and an open fire
Dual access with the main driveway benefitting from parking and turning, the second driveway is to the rear which accesses the detached garage
Mature gardens incorporating lawns on all sides, surrounded by trees and hedging offering complete privacy
Only minutes away from Helens Bay Square and train line
Ideally located to Helens Bay beach, Crawfordsburn Country Park, Helens Bay Golf Club and road networks linking Belfast City Centre and the George Best City Airport
"This house has a wonderful history but most of all it is a wonderful family home. We have thoroughly enjoyed our way of life here whilst raising our family, and as we now down-size it's time for someone else to enjoy it. Rockmount is extremely private, surrounded as it is on all sides by mature trees and hedges; many people don't even know there is a house here! The space, both inside and outside, is tremendously comfortable, giving everyone in the family their own room to breathe, live and grow.
We originally had no intentions of moving to Helen's Bay but we're so glad we did because of the beautiful area and all the amenities and practicalities it has to offer. The train is only a 5 minute walk away, providing a convenient and frequent service to Holywood, Belfast and Bangor - this gave our children a bit of early independence. In addition to the Bangor schools, Sullivan, Campbell and Strathearn schools are all serviced by school buses (those going to Rockport, Inst, Methody and Victoria use the train). On our door step there is also the Golf Club, Tennis Club, a Montessori pre-school, two beautiful beaches, cycle and running paths and fantastic walking (the dogs' favourite bit) along the coast.
We hope whoever chooses to move here loves it just as much as we have done"
- Steps leading to panelled door with side and top lights.
- ENTRANCE PORCH:
- Period tiled floor, cornice ceiling, glassed panells with etching, glazed door with etched glass to:
- RECEPTION HALL:
- 5.26m x 4.04m (17' 3" x 13' 3")
Slate fire surround with tiled inset and hearth, multi fuel stove, cornice ceiling, frieze mouldings, picture rail and plate rack, exposed timber floor. Archway leading to:
- INNER HALLWAY:
- Staircase to first floor with Newell post, handrail and spindles. Exposed timber floor, under stair storage, cornice ceiling, picture rail and plate rack.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 7.67m x 5.46m (25' 2" x 17' 11")
Feature dual bay windows overlooking the side garden, fire surround with brick inset and open dog grate, slate hearth, exposed timber floor, picture rail, frieze mouldings, cornice ceiling.
- FAMILY ROOM:
- 4.98m x 4.04m (16' 4" x 13' 3")
Fireplace finished in carved oak surround, cast iron detailing with inset tiling, multi fuel stove, slate hearth, picture rail, frieze mouldings, cornice ceiling, wall lighting.
- DINING ROOM:
- 5.13m x 3.45m (16' 10" x 11' 4")
Fireplace with wooden surround, cast iron inset, open fire, slate hearth, picture rail, frieze mouldings, cornice ceiling.
- KITCHEN OPENING TO CASUAL DINING AREA
- 7.16m x 4.01m (23' 6" x 13' 2")
Extensive range of high and low level two tone handmade and painted Shaker style units incorporating a 20 bottle wine rack. Large central island with matching doors, granite worktop, breakfast bar area and inset Belfast sink with swan neck mixer tap and dual drainers. Period reconditioned cream oil fired Aga with four ovens and three top plates surrounded by panelling and over mantle with display space and marble tile splash back. Granite splash back. Integrated dishwasher and space for freestanding fridge freezers. Glazed French doors leading to the garden area. Marble tiled floor throughout. Low voltage lighting. Access to:
- REAR HALLWAY:
- Stable door to rear. Separate cloaks comprising high flush wc, detailed corner sink with cabinet below, panelled walls, marble floor.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 3.38m x 3.15m (11' 1" x 10' 4")
High and low level units, inset sink unit, plumbed for washing machine, ceramic tiled floor. Access to rear.
- GENEROUS LANDING
- Light by feature stain glass window, picture rail, frieze moulding, cornice ceiling, wall lighting.
- MASTER BEDROOM:
- 5.26m x 3.99m (17' 3" x 13' 1")
Feature bay window, wall lighting, cornice ceiling, picture rail.
- WALK IN DRESSING ROOM
- 4.95m x 2.72m (16' 3" x 8' 11")
Extensive range of built in wardrobes, double glazed velux window.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- 3.28m x 1.78m (10' 9" x 5' 10")
Double shower cubicle with telephone shower and over drencher, pedestal wash hand basin, low flush wc, heated towel rail, fully tiled walls, ceramic tiled floor.
- GUEST BEDROOM
- 5.23m x 3.84m (17' 2" x 12' 7")
Cornice ceiling, picture rail, pedestal wash hand basin.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 4.14m x 3.45m (13' 7" x 11' 4")
Cornice ceiling, picture rail.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 4.06m x 3.45m (13' 4" x 11' 4")
Picture rail, cornice ceiling, pedestal wash hand basin.
- 3.35m x 1.85m (11' 0" x 6' 1")
Built in desk, book shelving and storage.
- 3.28m x 2.62m (10' 9" x 8' 7")
Luxury bathroom with claw and ball foot bath, chrome mixer taps and telephone hand shower, double shower cubicle with electric shower, high flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin, with floor to ceiling tiling, ceramic tiled floor, period style heated towel radiator, storage cabinets, hotpress with pressurised system.
- DETACHED GARAGE:
- Up and over door, light. Access to workshop.
- THREE OUTSIDE STORES
- Beautifully landscaped gardens offering complete privacy. Main driveway finished in gravel with turning and parking area. Lawns surrounding the house with patio and entertaining areas to the rear. Second access from the rear via a privately owned lane through farmhouse style double gates to a concrete parking area for two plus cars.
Travelling down Craigdarragh Road from the Bangor Road turn right into Bridge Road and No 38 is located on your right.