Share with a friend
Free Property Valuations
At Rodgers & Browne we know that customers are key to our business, so we always aim to provide a first class service.
The facts you need to know
Four bedrooms, two reception rooms (or three bedrooms, three reception rooms)
Stunning home with equally stunning outlook and surroundings
Front line, Lough edge position with magnificent views
Modern bathroom, ensuite and shower room
Attractive open plan kitchen/dining with oil fired Aga range
Separate utility room
Located in a Marine Conservation Zone with a host of birds and wildlife on the doorstep
Timber double glazing
Oil fired central heating
Beautifully decorated and presented
Perfect retreat from 'hum drum' city life but only 35 minutes from Newtownards and 1 hour from Belfast
Flexible interior layout to suit most needs
Bright modern interior with views from most rooms
Three car detached garage with remote electric door
Mature gardens also with space for lawn tennis court
Timber summer house and excellent viewing deck/sun terrace both with dramatic Lough Views
For interesting details about the Strangford area click www.travel-ireland.com/strangford/
"Strangford Lough is world renowned for its outstanding natural beauty and is protected as a Marine Conservation Area. 'Oyster Shell Cottage' is perfectly placed to take full advantage of this superb location. The house has a bright modern interior which is orientated to capture views from most rooms.
A simply delightful home in an equally delightful setting."
- Painted sheeted half stable front door.
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- Terracotta tiled floor.
- Hanging space.
- SPACIOUS BRIGHT LIVING ROOM:
- 8.76m x 3.96m (28' 9" x 13' 0")
Feature Morso hole in wall log fire, slate hearth. Recess lighting. Magnificent uninterrupted Lough views.
- KITCHEN AND DINING:
- 8.61m x 3.51m (28' 3" x 11' 6")
Excellent range of oak high and low level cupboards, granite worktops, concealed lighting, white Aga oil fired range. Inset composite sink unit with mixer taps. Miele stainless steel high level oven and microwave. Space for dining table and chairs. Recessed lighting. Part tiled walls. Terracotta tiled floor.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 3.81m x 2.13m (12' 6" x 7' 0")
Laminate worktops, stainless steel sink unit, plumbed for washing machine. Space for freezer. Warmflow oil fired central heating boiler. Louvre door to hotpress lagged copper cylinder with Willis water heater.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 6.02m x 3.2m (19' 9" x 10' 6")
Double built in wardrobes and walk in wardrobe.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- 2.44m x 2.36m (8' 0" x 7' 9")
Fully tiled shower cubicle with Aqualisa thermostatically controlled shower. Low flush wc. Vanity unit wash hand basin with mixer taps. Extractor fan. Tiled floor. Towel radiator.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 3.66m x 3.66m (12' 0" x 12' 0")
- BEDROOM (4) OR OFFICE:
- 3.28m x 2.51m (10' 9" x 8' 3")
Built in wardrobe. Corner window with superb views.
- White suite comprising panelled bath, thermostatically controlled shower over, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer taps and low flush wc. Fully tiled walls. Tiled floor. Extractor fan. Recessed lighting. Tower radiator.
- Feature staircase with pine open treads, glass and stainless steel balustrade and handrail to first floor. Double glazed velux window.
- MAGNIFICENT MASTER BEDROOM OR DRAWING ROOM:
- 9.37m x 3.96m (30' 9" x 13' 0")
Built in wardrobes and built in cabinets with louver doors. Three double glazed velux windows. Feature gable window with superb uninterrupted views of Strangford Lough.
- SHOWER ROOM:
- Shower cubicle, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer taps. Low flush wc. Shelved towel storage. Recessed lighting. Double velux window. Access to:
- Storage. Floored. Insulated. Light.
- LARGE THREE CAR DETACHED GARAGE:
- Up and over door. Light and power. Sealed floor.
- Tarmac driveway and parking for several cars, boat or caravan.
- HARDWOOD SUMMER HOUSE:
- Superb views.
- Extensive mature gardens in lawns, flowerbeds, shrubs and hedges. Lawn tennis court. Raised viewing deck/sun terrace with superb views. Boat mooring.
Location: Take Shore Road from Newtownards to Kirkcubbin, follow signs to Portaferry at Rowreagh Road, turn right onto Abbacy Road which becomes Marlfield Road which becomes Lough Shore Road. Alternatively, drive from Newtownards directly into Portaferry. Turn right at the loughside, pass the Ferry car park on your left. 11 Lough Shore Road is 1.70 miles from the car park.