Free Property Valuations
At Rodgers & Browne we know that customers are key to our business, so we always aim to provide a first class service.
The facts you need to know
Handsome, red brick, bay fronted detached home in South Belfast's most prestigious location
Three generous formal reception rooms
Fitted kitchen open to family and dining area with Aga range and space for large table
Six bedrooms including master with ensuite dressing room and shower room
Family bathroom, second floor shower room and ground floor cloakroom with wc
Exceptional presentation and finish throughout including many fine original features
Gas central heating
Mature private site extending to c.0.3 acres
Beautiful, restored Coach house ideal as home office, studio, teenager space or annex for extended family
Convenient to many local amenities including shops, public transport and leading schools
Malone Park is undoubtedly the most prestigious and most appealing tree-lined avenue in South Belfast. It is a beautiful, wide 'avenue' which houses a wide variety of most attractive and substantial homes. 'Morston' is a fine example.
Double fronted with an ornate covered portico, the house has an immediate inviting appeal following a sympathetic restoration which has retained a host of original features.
Set off by private, mature gardens the accommodation is extensive without being impersonal and has an immediate 'at home' feel.
The Coach House to the rear offers a further interesting dynamic as home office, studio or annex for extended family.
- ORNATE ENTRANCE PORCH
- With arched roof and Terrazzo flooring, glazed front door to:
- RECEPTION HALL:
- Wood panelled walls, parquet wood block floor, cornice ceiling.
- Parquet flooring, vanity unit with granite surround, low flush wc, cornice ceiling, leaded glass to door.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 6.5m x 4.52m (21' 4" x 14' 10")
Carved mahogany fireplace with marble hearth, dog grate and gas coal effect fire, cornice ceiling, magnificent ornate plasterwork to ceiling, bay window.
- DINING ROOM:
- 5.m x 3.89m (16' 5" x 12' 9")
Parquet wood block floor., feature fireplace with slate hearth, dog grate and gas coal effect fire, built-in bookshelves, cornice ceiling, original ornate plaster work, bay window with window seating.
- SITTING ROOM:
- 5.44m x 4.19m (17' 10" x 13' 9")
Attractive oak fireplace with tiled inset and hearth, slate hearth and gas coal effect fire, cornice ceiling, picture rail, original ornate plaster work and cornicing.
- LUXURY FITTED KITCHEN
- 4.42m x 3.07m (14' 6" x 10' 1")
Extensive range of high and low level units, granite work surfaces, Leisure one and a half bowl single drainer stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, Neff four ring hob with extractor fan over, Neff eye level electric oven, Neff integrated microwave oven, Neff dishwasher, housing for American fridge freezer, low voltage lighting, slate flooring, concealed lighting, part tiled walls, steps to:
- OPEN PLAN DINING AND FAMILY ROOM
- 8.53m x 4.98m (28' 0" x 16' 4")
Slate flooring, low voltage lighting, range of units with granite work surfaces, Old Belfast style sink unit with granite drainer, Aga oil fired cooker range with concealed lighting over and extractor fan, glazed double door to patio.
- ENTERTAINMENT AREA
- 2.13m x 1.98m (7' 0" x 6' 6")
Range of units, granite work surfaces, glass display cabinets, slate floor, low voltage lighting.
- Leading to boiler room with two gas fired boilers.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- Range of high and low level units, work surfaces, Old Belfast style sink units, plumbed for washing machine, vented for tumble dryer, slate floor, cornice ceiling, low voltage lighting, storage cupboard, walk-in larder with shelving, granite work surfaces and integrated wine rack.
- Original staircase with carved bannister leading to:
- Feature leaded glass windows, cornice ceiling, walk-in airing cupboard, display shelves.
- FULLY TILED BATHROOM
- 3.18m x 3.m (10' 5" x 9' 10")
White suite comprising bath with tiled surround, wc, pedestal wash hand basin, fully tiled shower cubicle, chrome heated towel rail, tiled floor, fully tiled walls, bespoke built-in storage units with integrated mirror, cornice ceiling, low voltage lighting.
- MAIN BEDROOM
- 6.5m x 4.52m (21' 4" x 14' 10")
Bay window, cornice ceiling, original ornate plaster work.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM AND DRESSING ROOM
- 4.27m x 3.86m (14' 0" x 12' 8")
Extensive range of bespoke built-in wardrobes and storage with low voltage lighting, vanity unit with granite surround, fully tiled shower cubicle, cornice ceiling and original ornate plaster work.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 6.27m x 3.91m (20' 7" x 12' 10")
Corner fireplace with cast iron and tiled inset, cornice ceiling with original ornate plaster work, built-in wardrobe and storage.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 5.05m x 4.19m (16' 7" x 13' 9")
Solid wood flooring, attractive fireplace with cast iron and tiled inset, cornice ceiling with original ornate plaster work.
- Velux window, access to roofspace.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 4.22m x 3.56m (13' 10" x 11' 8")
Cast iron fireplace, pedestal wash hand basin, storage in eaves.
- BEDROOM (5):
- 7.06m x 4.44m (23' 2" x 14' 7")
Wood flooring, cast iron fireplace, extensive range of built-in furniture to include wardrobes, storage, work desks and drawers.
- BEDROOM (6):
- 6.3m x 3.3m (20' 8" x 10' 10")
Built-in bookshelves and display shelves.
- SHOWER ROOM:
- White suite comprising pedestal wash hand basin with splash tiling, low flush wc, walk-in in shower cubicle with feature glass blocks, wood flooring, storage in eaves, extractor fan.
- COACH HOUSE
- LIVING AND DINING AREA
- 7.65m x 6.83m (25' 1" x 22' 5")
Three sets of glazed double doors leading to sun terrace, low voltage lighting, extensive range of built-in storage units, vaulted tongue and groove ceiling, spiral staircase to mezzanine level.
- 3.68m x 2.44m (12' 1" x 8' 0")
Range of high and low level units, work surfaces, single drainer stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, space for cooker, oil fired boiler, tongue and groove ceiling, tiled floor.
- FULLY TILED WET ROOM
- White suite comprising low flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin, chrome heated towel rail, shower area with Mira shower, tongue and groove ceiling,
- MEZZANINE BEDROOM
- 4.17m x 3.35m (13' 8" x 11' 0")
- Magnificent mature and secluded site on one of Belfast's most prestigious, tree lined parks. Extremely private grounds with mature boundary trees and planning.
- Generous front garden in lawns. Entrance gates to driveway with parking and turning area to front and side.
- Delightful rear formal garden in central lawns with loose stone border path and original boundary wall, beautifully presented flowerbeds and sheltered sitting area.
- Additional paviour sun terrace with circular design and central ornamental water feature. Hidden garden store.
Coming from Belfast City centre, Malone Park is on the right hand side just before junction with Balmoral Avenue.