Share with a friend
Free Property Valuations
At Rodgers & Browne we know that customers are key to our business, so we always aim to provide a first class service.
The facts you need to know
Historical B2 listed farmhouse dating back to c.1834
Deceptively spacious home extending to c.3,900 sq ft with magnificent period features still very much in place
Flexible accommodation throughout
Drawing room, dining room, timber double glazed conservatory, breakfast room plus additional study
Farmhouse style kitchen with casual dining area incorporating red oil fired Aga
Solid cherrywood units within the pantry plus separate utility room
Five large bedrooms, main with ensuite bathroom incorporating a separate shower cubicle
Main bathroom including a bath and separate shower cubicle
Generous grounds to the front and sides with enclosed yard to the rear
Two entrances each with wooden electric gates
White period panelled doors throughout
Mostly timber framed double glazed sliding sash windows
Reroofed and leaded 15 years ago
10ft ceiling heights throughout
Oil fired central heating
Detached matching double garage
Two enclosed yards plus barbecue and entertaining areas
South facing gardens laid in lawns
Tarmac driveway with parking for up to five cars and a boat or trailer
Ideally located to an array of renowned schools
"A sensitively maintained listed period residence conveniently located close to good schools, transport and Holywood town.
A very spacious "Family Home" which the owners have enjoyed for over forty years.
We have no doubt that the next family will enjoy it as much as they have. "
- Open entrance porch to etched glass door and top lights to:
- GRAND ENTRANCE HALL
- Picture rail, cornice ceiling, ornate centre rose, glassed double doors with side and top lights.
- INNER HALLWAY:
- Staircase to first floor with mahogany monkey tail handrail with painted spindles, cornice ceiling, cloakroom with open shelving, glassed door and side lights to rear door and porch.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 5.64m x 4.85m (18' 6" x 15' 11")
Marble fireplace with granite inset and hearth, large open grate, ornate cornice ceiling, picture rail and ceiling rose, views to the garden.
- DINING ROOM:
- 5.61m x 4.85m (18' 5" x 15' 11")
Marble fireplace with matching inset and hearth, gas fire, ornate cornice ceiling, ceiling rose, picture rail and wall lighting. French doors with glazed top lights to:
- TIMBER DOUBLE GLAZED CONSERVATORY
- 4.93m x 3.38m (16' 2" x 11' 1")
Double glazed French doors to garden area, under floor electric heating, ceramic tiled floor. Views over the garden.
- FARMHOUSE STYLE KITCHEN WITH CASUAL DINING
- 4.98m x 4.7m (16' 4" x 15' 5")
Extensive range of high and low level handmade cream shaker style doors, open and glazed displays, tiled worktop, feature oil fired red Aga with brick surround, Creda under oven, plumbed for a dishwasher, one and a half stainless steel sink unit with mixer taps, quarry tiled floor, solid pine beams, low voltage lighting, integrated fridge.
- 3.94m x 3.48m (12' 11" x 11' 5")
Extensive range of built-in solid cherry wood units with under unit lighting, granite worktop and matching splashback, inset stainless steel sink unit with mixer taps, plus space for an American fridge freezer and wine fridge, quarry tiled floor, part pine walls, stable door to yard.
- BREAKFAST ROOM
- 7.09m x 3.05m (23' 3" x 10' 0")
Fireplace with mahogany surround, marble inset and matching hearth, open fire, cornice ceiling, picture rail, French doors to side and garden.
- REAR HALLWAY:
- Pedestal wash hand basin with mixer taps and splashback, open hanging space, separate low flush wc. Access to:
- 3.63m x 2.72m (11' 11" x 8' 11")
Low level units, Belfast sink, plumbed for washing machine and tumble dryer, oil fired central heating boiler.
- 5.49m x 2.57m (18' 0" x 8' 5")
Extensive range of built-in book shelving with cabinets below.
- FIRST FLOOR RETURN AND LANDING
- Light by large stained glass window, return also benefits from a walk in hotpress and access to roofspace.
- BEDROOM (5):
- 5.87m x 2.79m (19' 3" x 9' 2")
- 2.9m x 2.69m (9' 6" x 8' 10")
White suite comprising panelled bath with chrome mixer taps and telephone hand shower, set in with panelled and mirrored walls with open shelving, large shower cubicle with Mira thermostatically controlled shower unit, pedestal wash hand basin, part panelled walls, period style heated towel radiator, cornice ceiling, low flush wc.
- MAIN BEDROOM
- 5.69m x 5.23m (18' 8" x 17' 2")
Picture rail, cornice ceiling, ceiling rose.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- 3.51m x 2.92m (11' 6" x 9' 7")
White suite comprising large deep fill bath with gold effect mixer taps and hand shower, panelled walls with bevelled mirror detailing and open shelving. Large double fully tiled shower cubicle with over drencher and telephone shower, pedestal wash hand basin, low flush wc, heated towel radiator, plantation shutters, dual access.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 3.76m x 5.16m (12' 4" x 16' 11")
Dado rail, cornice ceiling, pedestal wash hand basin.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 5.69m x 4.85m (18' 8" x 15' 11")
Inset wash hand basin with cabinet below, cornice ceiling, ceiling rose.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 5.82m x 3.12m (19' 1" x 10' 3")
- Beautiful south facing garden to the front laid in lawns surrounded by dwarf stone wall.
- DETACHED GARAGE:
- 5.82m x 5.77m (19' 1" x 18' 11")
Roller door. Light and power.
- Enclosed barbecue area with pergola.
- Enclosed yard with Tegular paving and raised flowerbeds, access to additional old stable, tack room, stable loft and pantry loft.
- Outside tap, lighting and electrics.
- Extensive tarmac driveway with two sets of electric access gates. Parking for five cars and a boat or trailer.
Travelling from Demense Road passing Holywood Golf Club turn left into Old Holywood Road, Garden Lodge is situated approximately 300 yards on your right.