Free Property Valuations
At Rodgers & Browne we know that customers are key to our business, so we always aim to provide a first class service.
The facts you need to know
Charming family home with many original features
Four bedrooms, three reception rooms plus home office
Bright, mature site with front, rear and large side garden
Backing onto Helen's Bay Golf Course
Gas fired central heating
Cloakroom, bathroom and ensuite
Garaging for three cars
Convenient to train station at Helen's Bay Square
Pleasant walk to sea shore, coastal path and Helen's Bay
Very popular location with excellent schools easily accessible
This has been the happy family home for the current owners for over thirty years. They have thoroughly enjoyed their time in this lovely, welcoming home but now feel it is time to 'downsize' and pass on the house for another family to enjoy.
The accommodation is generous and radiates from a well proportioned reception hall with oak wood strip floor. Original picture rails and cornices have been retained and convey a sense of the 1920's style. Three reception rooms are balanced by four bedrooms on the first floor with a concealed staircase leading to a second floor home office and floored roof space - which could have further development potential (subject to permissions).
Backing onto the golf course and with lovely sea views, this attractive home has all the ingredients of a happy family home.
- Covered open veranda, terrazzo floor.
- Entrance porch with stained leaded glass door panel.
- ENTRANCE PORCH:
- Terrazzo floor. Stained glass window, terrazzo floor, stained glass inner door with leaded glass side panels.
- RECEPTION HALL:
- 4.88m x 1.98m (16' 0" x 6' 6")
Oak wood strip flooring, picture rail, cornice.
- 2.13m x 1.75m (7' 0" x 5' 9")
Comprising low flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin, terrazzo floor, painted tongue and groove panelled walls and ceiling, sliding doors to shelved storage.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 5.33m x 4.88m (17' 6" x 16' 0")
Feature brick fireplace and hearth, picture rail, cornice, side semi circular bay window and double aspect
- DINING ROOM:
- 5.03m x 4.27m (16' 6" x 14' 0")
With semi circular bay window, feature cast iron fireplace and slate hearth, picture rail, cornice. Side window overlooking garden
- FAMILY ROOM AND CASUAL DINING
- 4.11m x 3.58m (13' 6" x 11' 9")
Oak wood strip flooring, Jotul cast iron multi fuel stove in brick recess, double French doors (not double glazed) to side overlooking garden with sea views beyond. Built in cupboard with glazed door. Sliding door to:
- SHELVED STORAGE OR PANTRY
- 2.67m x 1.45m (8' 9" x 4' 9")
Terrazzo floor. Burglar alarm controls
- 4.19m x 2.82m (13' 9" x 9' 3")
Extensive range of built in cupboards, beech effect laminate worktops, one and a half tub single drainer stainless steel sink unit with mixer taps, pine tongue and groove panelled ceiling, plumbed for dishwasher, tiled walls, vinyl flooring, glass door to:
- REAR PORCH OR UTILITY AREA
- 2.13m x 1.6m (7' 0" x 5' 3")
Terrazzo floor. Built in cupboards and concealed gas fired central heating boiler. Separate shelved storage. Glass door (not double glazed) to rear and garages. Plumbed for washing machine and space for tumble drier.
- Staircase with painted spindles and handrail to first floor. Feature leaded glass window lighting hall stairs and return landing.
- Open landing c.14'0" x 7'0" leading to:
- BEDROOM (1):
- 4.88m x 4.34m (16' 0" x 14' 3")
(Front) Picture rail, cornice. Decorative period fireplace.Archway and two steps down to:
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- 2.9m x 1.98m (9' 6" x 6' 6")
White suite comprising low flush wc, vanity unit wash hand basin, bidet, tiled walls and floor, twin double glazed velux windows, fully tiled corner shower cubicle with Aqualisa shower, extractor fan.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 4.27m x 4.11m (14' 0" x 13' 6")
(Front) Feature cast iron fireplace (decorative only). Picture rail. Double aspect with views over golf course to sea beyond from side.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 4.11m x 3.58m (13' 6" x 11' 9")
(Rear) Superb views over golf course to sea and Whitehead beyond, pedestal wash hand basin, picture rail and cornice.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 4.11m x 2.13m (13' 6" x 7' 0")
(Front) Picture rail.
- 2.67m x 2.36m (8' 9" x 7' 9")
White panelled bath, pedestal wash hand basin, tiled and painted tongue and groove walls, painted tongue and groove ceiling, heated towel rail. Shelved hotpress with lagged copper cylinder immersion heater. Separate low flush wc, pained tongue and groove panelled walls.
Separate storage under stairs.
- Door to second floor.
- StUDY/HOME OFFICE
- 3.2m x 3.05m (10' 6" x 10' 0")
Superb Views over Helen's Bay Golf Course.Access to eaves storage.
- SEPARATE ROOFSPACE STORAGE
- Floored, light, sarked. Conversion potential subject to permissions.
- THREE CAR GARAGE
- 8.08m x 5.94m (26' 6" x 19' 6")
Up and over doors. Side door. Light and power. Plumbed for washing machine, sink.
- Concrete parking space and driveway. Turning space. Double entrance gates. Automatic flood lights. Water taps. Gate to rear of garage onto golf course (unofficial but long standing right of access).
- Mature gardens to front, side and rear in lawns, flowerbeds, shrubs, borders, fencing and hedges. Backing onto Helen's Bay Golf Course.
- TIMBER SUMMER HOUSE
- ALUMINIMUM GREENHOUSE
- Patio barbecue area.
From Helen's Bay Sqaure (junction with Bridge Road) head towards the sea. Number 9 is on right hand side opposite the Church.