Free Property Valuations
At Rodgers & Browne we know that customers are key to our business, so we always aim to provide a first class service.
The facts you need to know
Beautiful appointed detached bungalow within this ever popular cul de sac location
Set within a mature private corner site
Deceptively spacious with the accommodation comprising a bright drawing room, with feature fireplace opening to the dining room, and three bedrooms
Modern kitchen with casual dining area plus utility room
Bathroom with bath and separate shower cubicle
PVC double glazing throughout
Oil fired central heating
PVC facia and soffits
Cavity wall insulation
Superb corner site with mature and private gardens
Driveway with parking for up to four cars and a caravan or boat
Attached single garage
Only minutes from the shoreline of Belfast Lough with an ease of access to Holywood town and Marino train station
An ideal lock and leave or for those looking to downsize
Privacy was the first feature that attracted us with views of greenery from every window. Marino train station, post office and convenience stores are within a 10 minute walk with Holywood town centre a 15 - 20 minute walk along the North Down Coastal Path.
External maintenance is minimal due to the use of plastic for fascias, etc. and doors and window frames. During fine weather, the covered deck was used for meals and entertaining. During colder weather we appreciated the heat of the Esse multifuel stove which ran continuously.
The garden was manageable with the help of a man who cut the hedges. It has been a comfortable home enjoyed by us and our visiting children and grandchildren.
- Step leading to PVC double glazed door. Access to:
- 5.26m x 2.57m (17' 3" x 8' 5")
Ceramic tiled floor, bright and private aspect. PVC double glazed door and side light to:
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- Low voltage lighting. Access to roofspace via a Slingsby style ladder. Cloak cupboard.
- BRIGHT DRAWING ROOM
- 5.84m x 3.63m (19' 2" x 11' 11")
Fireplace with marble surround, glass fronted multi fuel burning fire, slate hearth, cornice ceiling, low voltage lighting. Large picture windows, glazed door to entrance hall. Opening to:
- DINING ROOM:
- 3.76m x 2.72m (12' 4" x 8' 11")
Cornice ceiling. Glazed door to:
- KITCHEN WITH CASUAL DINING AREA
- 3.66m x 2.92m (12' 0" x 9' 7")
Extensive range of high and low level cream shaker style units, under unit lighting, laminate worktops, one and a half stainless steel sink unit with mixer taps, four ring gas hob with extractor above. Creda eyelevel double oven, integrated fridge freezer, part tiled walls, laminate flooring, integrated Sharpe microwave, open shelving and display, plumbed for washing machine and dishwasher, glazed door to entrance hall.
- REAR HALLWAY:
- Heather Brown tiled floor. PVC double glazed door to rear. Cloakroom with low flush wc, wash hand basin, part tiled walls.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 2.34m x 1.96m (7' 8" x 6' 5")
Range of high and low level cupboards, laminate worktops, space for chest freezer, plumbed for washing machine and vented for tumble dryer. Heather Brown tiled floor. Mahogany door to garden.
- MASTER BEDROOM:
- 4.57m x 3.m (15' 0" x 9' 10")
Including extensive range of built in wardrobes incorporating side wardrobes over storage and pelmet lighting. Low voltage lighting.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 3.84m x 3.38m (12' 7" x 11' 1")
Plus built in wardrobe with sliding door. Inset wash hand basin with cabinet below and tiled splash back.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 2.87m x 2.64m (9' 5" x 8' 8")
Plus built in wardrobes (currently adapted for the purposes of a desk unit and shelving).
- 3.m x 2.24m (9' 10" x 7' 4")
Coloured suite comprising panelled bath with mixer tap, double fully tiled shower cubicle with Mira Sport electric shower, low flush wc, inset wash hand basin with mixer tap set on worktop with cabinet below. Wall mounted mirror with pelmet lighting over and cabinet to the side, fully tiled walls with large mirror. Heated towel rail, hotpress with insulated copper cylinder and shelving unit.
- Spacious corner south facing site, set well back from the road, mature border hedges and trees, garden laid in lawns, flowerbeds and gravelled areas.
- Large Tegula driveway with parking for up to four cars and a caravan or boat.
- Outside tap. Outside lighting. Lean to greenhouse, large flagged patio area.
- ATTACHED MATCHING GARAGE
- 5.16m x 3.05m (16' 11" x 10' 0")
Up and over door. Light and power. Service door to the rear. Oil fired central heating boiler.
- OPEN COVERED SUMMER HOUSE
- 4.04m x 2.82m (13' 3" x 9' 3")
Open covered entertaining space with pleasant views over the garden.
- Under the terms of the Estate Agency Act we are obliged to advise purchasers that this property is owned by a family member of this company.
Travelling from Holywood towards Bangor along the Bangor Road turn left into Old Quay Road. The Close is the fifth turning on your left. Once in The Close No16 will be on your left.