The Owner's Perspective
"The Master's House is a lovingly restored home with many original features. We have lived here for almost 17 years and have put our heart into the changes we have made. Steeped in local history, the Master's House offers its new family an opportunity to enjoy rural living whilst at the same time having access to a range of schools and local amenities."
- THE FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Beautiful period former Master's home which has been lovingly renovated and extended over recent years
- An array of reclaimed materials used throughout the house
- Bright and flexible accommodation
- Drawing room with slate open fireplace and reclaimed wooden floor
- Family room opening to casual dining area with a wood burning stove and reclaimed wooden floor
- Living room including built-in open book shelves, cupboards and a concealed TV cabinet
- Luxury L shaped kitchen finished in solid oak units in a shaker style, granite worktops, integrated stainless steel range with double ovens and a six gas top, space for an American fridge freezer, int
- Casual dining area with vaulted ceiling off the kitchen
- Separate pantry used as a utility room with clothes maid for drying laundry
- Four bedrooms each with a picturesque outlook
- Luxury bathroom including a separate shower cubicle plus original claw and ball foot bath
- ALSO OF INTEREST:
- Stunning interior that will warm the heart
- Pressurised oil fired central heating system
- PVC double glazed
- Detached double matching garage with twin electric doors
- Cottage style garden set in three sections with lawns, raised flowerbeds, patio areas, paths, vegetable garden, greenhouse
- Outdoor covered pergola eating area which takes full advantage of the sunny aspect of the house
- Ideally located to Newtownards and Bangor (15-20 minutes away) and 10 minutes from Donaghadee
- An array of renowned Primary and Secondary schools a short drive away and bus stop outside the property
- An ideal opportunity to purchase a piece of history but yet without having to modernise or extend
- GROUND FLOOR
- Solid panelled door with fan light to:
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- Chinese slate floor, picture rail, cornice ceiling, staircase to first floor.
- DRAWING ROOM:13' 5"×11' 3" (c.4.09m×3.43m)
- Period slate fireplace, open inset and slate hearth, pitch pine wooden floor, cornice ceiling, handmade shutters.
- LIVING ROOM:17' 11"×13' 3" (c.5.46m×4.04m)
- Black wood burner stone set on slate hearth, pitch pine floor, handmade shutters, original stained glass door and top lights to kitchen, access to:
- PANTRY:11' 3"×3' 10" (c.3.43m×1.17m)
- Chinese slate floor.
- LUXURY KITCHEN:28' 9"×10' 3" (c.8.76m×3.12m)
- Extensive range of high and low level solid oak units, granite worktops with inset one and a half sink unit with mixer tap, integrated dishwasher, space for American fridge freezer, Range with six ring gas hob and twin ovens, stainless steel extractor above, stainless steel splash back, ceramic tiled floor, two feature radiators, open to:
- CASUAL DINING AREA:10' 9"×10' 7" (c.3.28m×3.23m)
- Vaulted ceiling, low voltage lighting, large velux window, ceramic tiled floor. French doors to garden area.
- Duravit low flush wc and pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap, chrome towel rail, Travertine floor, low voltage lighting.
- FAMILY ROOM:18' 5"×11' 8" (c.5.61m×3.56m)
- Including built in shelving and units with concealed TV unit. Reclaimed pitch pine beam. Reclaimed pitch pine wooden floor. Cornice ceiling. French doors to terrace.
- FIRST FLOOR
- Split level landing. Dado rail.
- BEDROOM (1):17' 9"×11' 1" (c.5.41m×3.38m)
- Reclaimed wood strip flooring, low voltage lighting, handmade shutters.
- BEDROOM (2):16' 0"×8' 2" (c.4.88m×2.49m)
- Laminate flooring, including built-in wardrobes. Handmade shutters.
- BATHROOM:10' 5"×9' 2" (c.3.18m×2.79m)
- Period claw and ball foot bath with chrome mixer tap and telephone hand shower, Duravit low flush wc, inset Duravit sink and mixer tap set on slate top with under units. Fully tiled shower cubicle with thermostatically controlled shower unit and mixer tap. Hotpress with pressurised tank. Part tiled walls and part tiled floor.
- BEDROOM (3):10' 9"×9' 11" (c.3.28m×3.02m)
- Plus built-in wardrobes.
- BEDROOM (4):10' 11"×9' 9" (c.3.33m×2.97m)
- Plus built-in wardrobes.
- StUDY/BEDROOM (5):8' 8"×7' 6" (c.2.64m×2.29m)
- Plus built-in wardrobes, laminate flooring.
- Exceptional private cottage style gardens laid in lawns, mature shrub beds with different sitting areas incorporating side patio area finished in Tegular paving, PVC oil tank, hidden vegetable garden, covered second patio area, raised beds.Gravel driveway with parking for three plus cars, access via cast wrought iron gates.
- To the front are gardens laid in lawns with mature shrubs bordered by a boundary wall. Covered and secure well to the front of the property.
- DETACHED DOUBLE GARAGE:
- Twin electric roller doors, light, power and water.
- Gravel driveway with parking for three plus cars, access via wrought iron gates.
- Detached, For Sale
- 4 Bedrooms, 4 Receptions
Find on the map
Location of Property
Coming from Newtownards go straight on past the Four Road Ends on to the Killaughy Rd. After approximately two miles on this road turn right into the Windmill Road. The property is located 0.7miles further along the Windmill Road at the junction with the School Road.