The Owner's Perspective
"We bought 114 Church Road, some 33years ago. When entering the Victorian house, we were struck by its warmth, charm and enchantment. We also loved the large garden with its abundance of trees, flowers, hedges and bushes, fruit trees and lawns. Eventually, we renovated our home to contemporary standards but retained all of its Victorian features, cornices, corbels, ceiling roses and window shutters. Our home was fresh and cool in the summer and warm and cosy in the winter. It is a joyous and happy home to live in with great parties at Christmas and Halloween. At Easter we laid Easter eggs all over the garden for the children to find. Outside, we all enjoyed the fun and games of cricket, football, croquet and badminton. Such happiness and joyous memories of a lovely family home. When we leave 114 it will always be The Home for us all."
- THE FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Five bedrooms, three reception rooms, playroom and games room
- Handsome, spacious, Victorian family home
- Extensively restored and beautifully decorated
- Hand painted kitchen with Rangemaster stove and polished granite worktops
- Oil fired central heating (to ground and first floors)
- Double glazing
- Possibly the only site in the Holywood Conservation Area with full planning permission to develop a bungalow.
- ALSO OF INTEREST:
- Mature enclosed rear garden with full planning permission included for detached bungalow REF LA06/2015/0324/F (Details on request)
- Very convenient walk into town location
- Many period features including high ceilings, deep moulded skirtings, architraves, ornate cornices, ceiling roses and storm shutters
- Separate utility room
- Two car garage
- GROUND FLOOR
- Glazed front door, side light and top lights.
- SPACIOUS RECEPTION HALL:
- Cornice ceiling, ceiling rose, storage cupboard under stairs, feature polished and carved newel post and staircase to first floor.
- WALK-IN CLOAKROOM AND GROUND FLOOR WC:
- Contemporary white suite comprising pedestal wash hand basin, low flush wc, part tiled walls, low voltagel spotlighting.
- DRAWING ROOM:21' 0"×15' 4" (c.6.40m×4.67m)
- Cornice ceiling, picture rail, ceiling rose, feature marble fireplace surround, cast iron and polished inset, granite hearth, window shutters.
- DINING ROOM:17' 1"×15' 2" (c.5.21m×4.62m)
- Cornice ceiling, ceiling rose, carved marble fireplace, cast iron and polished inset and granite hearth, serving hatch to kitchen.
- FAMILY ROOM:14' 8"×10' 7" (c.4.47m×3.23m)
- Tiled fireplace, inset and hearth, picture rail and cornice ceiling. Outlook to rear.
- KITCHEN:15' 6"×10' 2" (c.4.72m×3.10m)
- Modern fully fitted hand painted style kitchen with excellent range of high and low level units, granite work surfaces, saucepan drawers, pull-out larder cupboard, Franke stainless steel sink and a half sink unit with mixer taps, Rangemaster 110 six ring ceramic hob, range cooker, extractor hood, part tiled walls, concealed lighting, intergrated stainless steel microwave, built-in glazed display cabinets, intergrated dishwasher, built-in book shelving, ceramic tiled floor, stainless steel low voltage spotlights, ample family dining area, outlook to garden.
- SEPARATE UTILITY ROOM:11' 10"×6' 10" (c.3.61m×2.08m)
- Matching range of built-in units, granite work surfaces, Belfast ceramic sink unit, mixer taps, plumbed for washing machine, vented for dryer, ceramic tiled floor.
- FIRST FLOOR
- Victorian style white suite comprising low flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin, ball and claw foot free standing bath, antique style mixer taps and telephone hand shower, built-in fully tiled shower cubicle, electric shower units, bidet, ceramic tiled floor, part tiled walls with stone border detail, chrome low voltage spotlights, extractor fan, hotpress with lagged copper cylinder and built-in shelving, chrome heated towel rail.
- SEPARATE WC:
- White suite comprising low flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin, part tiled walls with stone border detail, ceramic tiled floor.
- BEDROOM (1):16' 1"×14' 2" (c.4.90m×4.32m)
- Modern range of two built-in wardrobes, picture rail, cornice ceiling, fitted drawer units.
- BEDROOM (2):16' 0"×12' 7" (c.4.88m×3.84m)
- Picture rail, cornice ceiling, outlook to front.
- BEDROOM (3):14' 4"×12' 7" (c.4.37m×3.84m)
- Period cast iron fireplace, picture rail, cornice ceiling, modern built-in beech wardrobes, drawer units, outlook to rear garden.
- BEDROOM (4):14' 7"×12' 1" (c.4.44m×3.68m)
- Two double built-in wardrobes (period cast iron fireplace behind), picture rail, cornice ceiling, dressing table, outlook to rear garden.
- BEDROOM (5):10' 0"×9' 9" (c.3.05m×2.97m)
- Picture rail, outlook to front.
- CONCEALED STAIRCASE TO TEENAGERS' FLOOR:
- With two further rooms ideal as office, study or hobby rooms.
- PLAYROOM:14' 8"×12' 5" (c.4.47m×3.78m)
- Velux window, feature sash arched window.
- GAMES ROOM:14' 0"×12' 7" (c.4.27m×3.84m)
- Excellent storage to insulated eaves, Velux window.
- Attractive cobbled forecourt, rendered wall and wrought iron railings, driveway to right hand side, ample parking to garage.
- Superb spacious rear gardens in excess of a third of an acre to rear, laid in lawns, well manicured, part woodland, secret garden, fruit bearing apple, plum and pear trees, former vegetable patch, pebbled bistro corner, paved patio and courtyard ideal for outdoor entertaining and barbecuing.
- TWO CAR GARAGE:33' 0"×9' 5" (c.10.06m×2.87m)
- Up and over door, light and power.
- Semi-Detached, For Sale
- 5 Bedrooms, 3 Receptions
Find on the map
Location of Property
Travelling from the Maypole in Holywood continue up Church Road. Number 114 is located on the left hand side just after the entrance to Riverside and opposite Demesne Road.